Saturday, 16 October 2010

Having the courage to do it yourself

I have had one of the busiest weeks of my life. I have been casting the two period plays with Cheryl and a fantastic young casting director called Sophie Davies.


Now Cheryl and myself both have the same day job which you would think would be helpful, in terms of swapping ideas on our breaks and nudging each other to get things done. HOWEVER, I can safely say that we must have been brilliant friends before we decided to work together as producers on the show because it is stressful when you attempt something for the first time. But we're still mates and I am so glad that we're attempting this! 


London is a great city - full of culture and a real mixture of different people. I love working and living here. I trained at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, and since finishing I have learnt so much about the industry and the awful figures on how many actors are out of work. It is a tough industry. But no one said it would be easy, eh?


You have to make your own work, take risks, make contacts. And lastly but most importantly, ENJOY


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment